Hello. We are pleased to announce the release of the new version firmware with Linux. Firmware is available for owners Ugoos UT3, UT3S and UM3 devices.
Now we use new method for building firmware. This will speed up the process of development of new firmware and will improve their quality. Linux part firmware based on Ubuntu 14.10 with XFCE. For Android part using latest official firmware v2.0.6
Especially for our devices, we have developed software that will allow you to control the hardware parts of the device. "uSettings" for all devices and "HDMI IN" for Ugoos UT3 devices.
uSettings designed specifically for UT3, UT3S and UM3 devices. It will allow you to control the fan, led and HDMI input.
Application "HDMI IN" will allow owners Ugoos UT3 switch the image source manually.
In the current kernel is enabled support of NFS and include binfmt_misc module. binfmt_misc module allow using virtualization to run binary files with other architectures. For example you can run skype on your device. For using virtualization you need first install special software.
In current firmware we include latest available user space GPU driver for fb. Unfortiently in the current time driver for X11 not available. But you can use this driver if you need OpenCL for example. To check the libraries we used examples from official Mali OpenCL SDK and Mali OpenGL ES SDK for Linux (http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop-for-mali/).
1.Linux: Add special Ugoos applicatios in linux:
- App for switching image source to HDMI IN port (for UT-3)
- App for led, hdmi in and fan settings
2. Linux: Add applications: nano, gnome-system-monitor, and screen keyboard - onboard.
3. Linux: Add support of NFS in kernel.
4. Linux: In kernel was include binfmt_misc module.
5. Linux: Update kernel space GPU Driver (TX011-SW-99002-r5p1-00rel0).
6. Linux: In system was included user space GPU driver for fb .
Was checked work libs OpenCL and EGL with official Mali OpenCL SDK and Mali OpenGL ES SDK for Linux.
7. Linux: All packages was been updated to the actual state
8. Dualboot: Android firmware was been updated to Ugoos firmare v2.0.6
1. Linux: Temporarily disabled support of 4k resolution in linux kernel. Maximal resolution 1920x1080.
Important! By default Android tool configured to flashing "clear" android on your device. If you want install
“Dualboot” or “Clear linux” click right mouse button by program window, and then select
Then choose one of configurations files:
- config.cfg - if want flash only Android
- config_dualboot.cfg - if want flash dualboot
- config_linux.cfg - if want flash only linux
Full firmware updating guide for you device you can find in archive.
Firmware for UT3S - download
Firmware for UT3 - download
Firmware for UM3 - download
login and password for Ubuntu : ugoos