Today Ugoos brand devices based on Rockchip 3288 SoC (UM3, UT3s) are able to get 3.0.6 update.
If your device runs v 3.0.4 based on Android 5.1.1 you will get Update via OTA, for other users who decided to update system from 4.4 Android here is the link for full Image (UT3s UM3) and Reflashing Guide
We already announce some details about the most important improvements and changes,
- Gamepad settings – let you customize your gamepad control settings
- Ugoos File Manager – our new step for making Ugoos TV Boxes more convenient for remote controllers.
- TV Settings - application developed by Google special for Android TV
However, this is not all the news:
Daydream and Sleep Logic
Now we separate setting timer for screensaver and for sleep features. You can set only daydream or sleep or both and set appropriate time. Also you can start it from menu via choosing special menu item. Run Daydream: Settings – Display - Daydream
We created new icons for TV settings menu in order to reach all Ugoos settings quicker. For most frequent-using Ugoos settings, we redraw pages according to TV settings menu style.
Many users asked about this feature for android 5.1, because it was very useful in 4.4-based firmwares. Now you can use attached hard drives and usb flash drives in exfat file system, share files using built-in Ugoos File server and perform other related tasks.
Screen rotation feature let use TV Box for a wider amount of non-casual tasks. It becomes more convenient for displaying different types of information. New function let you choose screen positions with five different settings. Forced orientation for all applications added for both vertical (portrait) and horizontal types. Run screen rotation: Settings – Display – Screen rotation
We already share details about this new Ugoos feature. In addition, we add one more setting little bit later and didn’t announce about it before. Now you get an ability to simulate axes moves using keyboard. Now you can choose a keyboard in device profile and appoint moves on the buttons you used to for particular gaming experience. Run Gamepad settings: Settings – Ugoos settings – System – Gamepad Settings.
We added new icons with activity visualization, so now you can choose if you want to display only icons or icons and text values also. Added network activity and CPU load activity.
Run Hardware Monitor: Settings – Ugoos Settings - System – HW Monitor
Change Log 3.0.6 (24/05/2016)
Main changes from previous version:
1. Fixed bugs with usb-card mount/unmount.
2. Added exfat support
3. Added Gamepad settings and axes simulation
4. Added TvSettings
5. Replaced Rockchip Filemanager, added Ugoos Filemanager
6. Changed processing logic of Daydream (Screensaver) and Sleep timers.
7. Fixed bug with wakeup after sleep. Now device is not going to the suspend mode
8. Improved Hardware monitor:
- Added icons
- added Network activity
- added CPU load activity
9. Added screen rotation support
10. Fixed time zone for multi-window mode
11. Updated Ugoos Launcher